If you are struggling to find your ideal professional path, you might consider the idea of hiring a career coach. An experienced coach can get you going on the right track. This coach, however, is not a mind reader so you must come prepared to ask them the right questions. Here are some of the best questions to ask a career coach.
Best Questions To Ask A Career Coach
- What is the first step of this process if we agree to work together?
- How often should/will we meet?
- How long do sessions typically last?
- Are there any tools or resources I can use between sessions?
- How can I stand out in the job market?
- How can I build or improve a personal brand?
- How do I know if I’m making the best decision for my career?
- How can I network better?
- How should I know a certain company is right for me?
- What are the signs indicating I might not be right for a specific career and/or company?
- What professional areas of mine need the most work?
- How can I assess my personal and professional skills?
- What are the challenges I can expect during the coaching process?
- What are the average weekly/monthly charges?
- Is there a free initial consultation?
- What are your cancellation/refund policies?
- What happens in the event I need to reschedule a session?
- How do I know if I am making progress during these meetings?
- Do you offer any guarantees?
- Are there any testimonials or case studies I can read?
- How exactly can you help me?
- What is your process?
- Can I speak to some clients of yours?
- How do you define success?
- Have you worked with other people in my same industry before?
More Articles Regarding Career Coaching
Executive Coaching By Saletta Leadership, LLC
Michael Saletta is known as the “Master Facilitator” in guiding companies to drive their sales and business strategy. He is the founder and CEO of Saletta Leadership, LLC and Leadership Partners, LLC, consulting companies dedicated to developing leaders, growing sales, and aligning team performance. Change your business by contacting Saletta Leadership today!